What a DAY!

Friday, April 23, 2010

Today was a scary, strange day...
My wake up call was a phone call from my mom saying that the little sis was in pain and alone at work and couldn't move.....I kept thinking am I dreaming this?? After that shock I called her..and the fear in her voice scared me more than the obvious pain she must have been in. She was unable to move..her neck and body was in so much pain that she couldn't even dial her phone without being in agonizing pain.

The trip from my house to where she was would be at least 45 mins if i was lucky and no one was going to get to the office where she was for at least another hour. Thank god..."DUDE" was able to get to her...hopefully before my frantic drive would get me there. I spent the next agonizing minutes talking to her on the phone..trying to keep her and my self calm, trying to decide if I should call an ambulance, talking back and forth with my mom and my aunt to see what the best move was.

Called an urgent care clinic...that was just across the street. And then...in case I wasn't freaked out enough, they tell me...based on her symptoms that she should go immediately to the ER. Mind you this problem that she has can render her paralyzed. See Here for more details.

Finally DUDE got there and took her to the ER. I was so torn....I had a job interview at 12 today. Torn... do i skip, can i reschedule...would I be any good at the interview? My mom said go....renee said go....I couldnt even get my head into it. I decided to go and then rush to the hospital after.

As I walk out the door....i notice a Sheriff car and an ambulance outside my door. I remember thinking ..wdm? What happened is my neighbor, the one who takes my garbage out when I forget, who takes my packages and who chats with me through the mesh lanai in the evenings when we're outside at night...Died in her sleep. Dead. I spoke to her two days ago. Strong healthy fun woman...dead in her sleep.

Sigh...so i leave and go to the interview. I hope I represented well. My mind wasnt even in it. But i guess i did okay cause i have a second one next week. I race out of there to see Renee who is now at home. She looks better than she sounds. Still in obvious pain. Pain I can't do anything about. Sucks.

What a Day.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Subscribe