Today... [parents are people too]

Thursday, September 04, 2008

I stumbled unto another incomplete project of mine.
I wanted to save the pictures of my family from disintegrating into faded plastic and tried scanning them all so they would be in a digital format....

so I'm browsing through the pics of my mom...and my dad..

And it dawns on me..

They're not just my parents..
They were a young girl and a young man..who made a promise to each other...
and they would struggle like i am and have...and they may have been scared and uncertain...and Real!!

I sometimes forget they're not just all seeing. all knowing "PARENTS' and not just people..who were finding their way..like i am..

It just makes it even more poignant to me to look at these pics..
cause you see the youth and hope and optimism in their eyes...
and its like i feel a fierce wish to protect these younger versions of the people who protect me...

And appreciate that I may have taken some of that light away from them...
and it makes me love them even more..

My mom is so beautiful...and shiny glowy...and my dad ..is so... YOUNG!!! So Boyish!
Daddy = Boyish...does not COMPUTE!
In truth, they're just starting their lives out together..
and look where they are now..
still there..
still looking forward..
I hope my mom doesnt kill me...but i had to share..








And Yes...My Mom got married in a Yellow Gown...CAUSE SHE SAID SO!! God i love that woman!


The Pam Grier Look - Mommy ROCKS!

You Might Also Like

5 comments

  1. I've been attempting to do something similar for a while now too.

    Parents were indeed young once and just starting out, imagine what your children would be saying later on when they look back at your pictures :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet she wants to tell me I can't ge married in orange? "oman please! That aint daddy, dais some next man....hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cool idea Cliv ... my mom used tuh rock an afro just like your mom's ... I guess dat was de hott style back then .... and when my parents got married ... they looked like 12 ... especially my dad ...

    In my family .... there are loads of pics .... cuz my dad was an amatuer photographer .... but gyul ... doh ask meh whey dey is today .... day all over de place!

    PS: I'm a lil confused ... Cliv and Renee ... are y'all sisters?

    ReplyDelete
  4. it IS DADDY Evil Spawn!! his smile is the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha...YES! she is the Younger taller SPAWN..i am the older SANER spawn..=]

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Subscribe