Fairytale/Disenchantment/Insomnia...and all that Jazz

Friday, July 25, 2008



Okay so I know I'm being overwhelmed by the carnival preparation...Soca causing nervous twitches right now..so I'm drowning myself in Rock and Pop..
Sara Bareilles song is in Steady Rotation right now...It's the theme song for the drives on the Highway to nowhere at 3am so i can try to fall asleep...[I'm being careful..no Lectures.. I have mace, and ...stuff~!! cause i badder than ten Tarzan [ trini saying folks]]

Anyways, I can recite this one in my sleep [if i were getting any] right now..Insomnia is a bitch.. i either fall asleep and walk up prematurely...or i force myself to stay awake, fall into a Sound ass Coma Like Sleep and wake up ...again.. PREMATURELY...and watch the Popcorn treatment on the ceiling to see if I can maybe find the face of Jesus ..or Taye Diggs in it and sell it on Ebay until the tv comes on and suggests I should get out of bed.. sigh..

Anyways.. this song is Fairytale..its been on repeat since Wednesday....Ive even been singing it in the shower...and i RETIRED from singing in the shower ages ago.
Its the perfect combination Of Asshole..and Sarcasm and Bitch.. and Wit... Apparently Me ..all Day =] [Is asshole cursing?? ]

This is my favorite Phrase:

The tall blonde lets out a cry of despair
says
"Would have cut it myself if I knew men could climb hair"
I’ll have to find another tower somewhere and keep away from the windows!!!

Brilliant



Lyrics so you can sing along. Sara Bareilles ROCKS!






Fairytale


Cinderella’s on her bedroom floor
she’s got a Crush on the guy at the liquor store
Cause Mr. Charming don’t come home anymore
And she forgets why she came here.


Sleeping Beauty’s in a foul mood for shame she says
None for you dear prince, I’m tired today.
I’d rather sleep my whole life away than have you keep me from dreaming


CHORUS
I don’t care for your fairytale
You’re so worried 'bout the maiden,
though you know she’s only waiting on the next best thing


Snow White is doing dishes again
Cause what else can you do
With seven itty bitty men?
Sends them to bed and she calls up a friend,
Says will you meet me at midnight.


The tall blonde lets out a cry of despair says
Would have cut it myself if I knew men could climb hair
I’ll have to find another tower somewhere and keep away from the windows.


CHORUS
I don’t care for your fairytale
You’re so worried 'bout the maiden,
though you know she’s only waiting on the next best thing


Once upon a time in a faraway kingdom, man made up a story
Said that I should believe him
Go and tell your white knight that he’s handsome in hindsight
but I don’t want the next best thing
So I sing and hold my head down and I break these walls 'round me
Can’t take no more of your fairytale love


CHORUS
I don’t care for your fairytale
You’re so worried bout the maiden,
though you know she’s used to waiting spent her whole life being graded on the
sanctity of patience and a dumb appreciation
The story needs some mending and a better happy ending ‘cause I don’t want the next best thing no no I don’t want the next best thing.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Subscribe