A VH1 Soul Kinda Love

Monday, May 19, 2008

I want a VH1 Soul Kinda Love
And for us sisters who’ve been through the

“Yeah he scratches that itch
” kinda love,,,
The “Maybe I can change him” kinda love…or

“I’ll just wait it out till Mr. Right comes” kinda love…

Know exactly what I mean…

I’m talking about when the video comes on…
And the first few bars of the song already tell you…
This SHIT will be deep…
Will make your thighs squeeze together to hold the feeling in…
Will make you bounce your leg up and down to calm the bubble of emotion rising up in your chest…

I want the kinda love that’s like a soundtrack to my life…
That wraps around us like a constant melody that ebbs and wanes and lingers…
Like a cloud of color, purples and reds and blues and greens,
Notes represented by color, moving and growing and ever changing….
That whether we’re together or apart….we’re tuned into it…
Adding pitch and base…harmony and melody…bridge and break…
That sends tendrils of melody out in the atmosphere…
So that people around us can’t help but tune into the cadence…and the rhythm….and soon they add their own beats to it….riffs and ad libs, breakdowns and solos….
Till it’s a chorus reaching up and out and above us….extending out of us…enveloping us and the world…and as they leave us…they walk away with their own melody….

I want that Jill Scott Whatever video kinda love…
Where my man…balding, and grey…
Bent from the trials of life…
Sill has the spunk to spank my ass as he walks past me in the kitchen…
Where when the hair is gray and the breasts are trying to touch my navel on their own,
When sagging is no longer something to fear but something accomplished,,,
That he looks at me across a table, a room…
And I feel myself transform into the vixen, the brick house, the temptress that I once was,
Where I Know I’m the most beautiful woman in the room, in the world, in the planet,
When I feel my self unfold and open …ready for him…even now….

I want a VH1 soul kinda love…
The kind that turns
Steak Ums and toast and a Pepsi,
Into Angus Steak, Garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus and a 30 dollar glass of merlot…
The Kinda love that creates its own light…
That makes the eyes dark and reflective…the skin flawless…the smile dazzling and the lips sensual…

[unfinished]

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Subscribe