The Challenge

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Contrary to popular belief, I'm a low maintenance type of girl. 
So on top of the fact that In my life my hair has only grown when I cant TOUCH IT..i.e braids..


High School...LAUGH ALL YU WANT! after 6 months of Braiding. 
I actually had curls...that were longer but i cut them with paper scissors cause i wanted a specific shape



so I'm not tempted to cut or color it, Ive been wearing my hair short forever so that I have no need to maintain it.

TEMPORARY hair...lol..



I'm going natural. AGAIN. 
lol. well I'm trying...AGAIN.
The bald head is easy for me because i just go to the barber for a tape and a shape up..and im out the door.



SCRAPED clean..



Twenty minutes more sleep in the morning and uhm i dont even know if I own a comb anymore..hmm..

Anyways...I want an afro..lol. I do. I do I do.
So..ive issued a challenge to myself..
Im not going to trim, color, shape or otherwise MESS with my hair until March. 
Thats a few months right? 
sigh...That's a long time for me.
I don't blame myself completely for this constant need to reinvent myself.
In terms of hair, my mom - a hairdresser at a stage in her life - would change her hair on a whim. 
She's done it all and back, sometimes in the same week.
I have a case of idle hands....
I sometimes stand in the mirror thinking ..hmm what can i try today..
But Ive made a bet with my cousin...a challenge i should say...to get to my birthday without a trim, a rinse, a shape up [which inevitably ends in a CUT!] to see what would happen if i just left my hair alone.

Mohawk cut, Blondish Color & Texturizer...

anyways.

Day one of the challenge.


wish me luck


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Subscribe